#2074 This popular guidebook is ideal for helping young people explore careers. It groups together related job descriptions, making it easy to study job options based on interests.
The text stresses the connection between school subjects and future careers. The book is grouped into 11 sections based on the main sections of the Occupational Outlook Handbook (#8127). Includes one-page descriptions of related jobs (270 in all) within each section. Each job description includes:
- A brief, easy-to-read overview of the job
- School subjects related to the job
- Suggested activities for trying out the job in “Discover More”
- Information on earnings, education or training needed, and employment outlook
- “Something extra”: a fun and interesting fact related to the job
- Related jobs described in the book
Includes green occupations in the job descriptions. In addition, it includes an extensive Web directory of online career resources. Key features:
- Describes 270 jobs that cover about 90 percent of the workforce, all in a student-friendly format.
- Connects school to future careers.
- Entertaining and fun content that engages readers as they learn.
- Consistent, one-page presentation makes the book easy to read and use.
- Web appendix assists further research online.
- Includes job title index.
375 pages. 7½ x 9¼. Softcover. March 2010. $29.00. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $269.95; 100 copies for $2,399.00.