By Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C. Oz, MDs
With new health studies and advice bombarding us every day, few people know much about what chugs, churns, and thumps throughout the human anatomy. YOU: The Owner’s Manual challenges preconceived notions about how the human body works and ages, and takes you on a fascinating grand tour of all your blood-pumping, food-digesting, and numbers-remembering systems and organs, including the heart, brain, lungs, immune system, bones, and sensory organs.
In this updated edition, America’s favorite doctors, Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz, discuss how YOU actually have control over your genes. Discover how diseases start and how they affect your body – as well as advice on how to prevent and beat conditions that threaten your quality of life.
There are also 100 questions asked by you, and answered by the experts. For instance, do you know which of the following statements are true?
- As you increase the amount you exercise, the rewards you gain from it increase as well.
- If you’re not a smoker, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to your lungs.
- Your immune system always knows the difference between your own cells and enemy invaders.
- The biggest threat to your arteries is cholesterol.
- Memory loss is a natural, inevitable part of aging.
- Stress is the greatest ager, and controlling it changes which of your genes is on.
Did you answer “true” for any of the above? Then take a look inside the book. Complete with exercise tips, nutritional guidelines, simple lifestyle changes, and alternative approaches, YOU: The Owner’s Manual debunks myths and gives you an easy, comprehensive, and life-changing How-To plan – as well as great-tasting and calorie-saving recipes – that can help you live a healthier, younger, and better life.
544 pages. Softcover. 2014.