By Elizabeth Freedman
In this straight-talking guide, MBA Elizabeth Freedman, an expert in corporate etiquette, shares the rules of the workplace that only veterans know: survival secrets that will help you avoid the common mistakes that can sink careers at the gate.
From getting a seat at the meeting table to dealing with a demanding boss, from talking salary in a performance review to what not to say at a business function, Work 101 tells you everything you need to know to master the art of climbing the corporate ladder:
- Manage the manager – how to survive any type of boss, including the Boss from Hell
- Master the art of introduction – have them at hello!
- Create winning emails that actually get read – and tips for avoiding on-screen blunders and other career-ending disasters
- How to handle a “cube invader”
- What not to order, wear, or say at a business lunch
- The real rules for dressing business casual – what to wear and when
- How not to be clueless about promotions and (bigger) bonuses
- The five steps to employee-boss success – including the top-ten things to listen to and observe
- How to avoid burning your bridges (and other great exit strategies) – and much, much more!
288 pages. Softcover. 2007.