By Gary Belsky and Thomas Gilovich
In their fascinating investigation of the ways we handle money, Gary Belsky and Thomas Gilovich reveal the psychological forces – the patterns of thinking and decision making – behind seemingly irrational behavior.
They explain why:
- so many otherwise savvy people make foolish financial choices
- investors are too quick to sell winning stocks and too slow to sell losing shares
- home sellers leave money on the table and home buyers don’t get the biggest bang for their buck
- borrowers pay too much credit card interest and savers can’t sock away as much as they’d like
- so many of us can’t control our spending
Focusing on the decisions we make every day, Belsky and Gilovich provide invaluable guidance for avoiding the financial faux pas that can cost thousands of dollars each year.
Filled with fresh insight, practical advice, and lively anecdotes, this book gives you the tools you need to understand how human behavior influences the financial decisions we make.
288 pages. Softcover. 2010.
There are no reviews yet.