Voluntourism or voluntouring is one of today’s hottest trends in the travel industry. Indeed, more and more individuals, both young and old, are looking for meaningful “give back” travel experiences that can make a difference in the lives and environments of others.
These working vacations encompass numerous activities and interests, such as:
- working in an orphanage
- building homes
- teaching children
- helping refugees
- rescuing animals
- preserving the environment
- joining an archaeological or restoration tour
The following set of inspirational books identify hundreds of voluntourism and alternative travel experiences.
If you are interested in a gap year experience, joining voluntourism projects, or getting involved in the business end of voluntourism, be sure to examine the many resources in this special kit.
Whether you’re just starting out with little experience but lots of dreams and enthusiasm or you’re retired and want to share your life skills with others who can benefit from your experience, these books will open a whole new world of travel. Can purchase separately. SPECIAL: $126.95 for complete set of 8 books.
- Alternatives to the Peace Corps: A Guide to Global Volunteer Opportunities ($11.95)
- Delaying the Real World ($12.95)
- Green Volunteers: The World Guide to Voluntary Work in Nature ($14.95)
- Jobs for Travel Lovers: Opportunities at Home and Abroad ($19.95)
- Volunteer: A Traveler’s Guide to Making a Difference Around the World ($19.99)
- Volunteer Vacations: Short-Term Adventures That Will Benefit You and Others ($18.95)
- World Volunteers: The World Guide to Humanitarian and Development Volunteering ($16.95)
- Your Gap Year: Everything You Need to Know to Make Your Year Out the Adventure of a Lifetime ($21.95)
For more information on voluntourism and legacy travel, click here.