By Dr. Diane de Anda
This comprehensive program is designed for use in classrooms or small groups in schools and other settings. Areas covered include:
- The physiological, affective, and cognitive components of anger
- Awareness of the scope, consequences, and unacceptability of violence for youth in today’s society
- Arousal-reduction techniques using progressive muscle relaxation
- The connection between thoughts, feelings, and subsequent actions
- How to generate alternative actions and evaluate results
Students learn positive coping strategies, cognitive restructuring techniques, and anger management skills through discussion, demonstrations, group and individual activities, relaxation procedures, and more.
The Leader’s Manual includes a free copy of a 13-minute Scanning Relaxation audio CD, as well as an 8-page reproducible pre/posttest for measuring change in five different areas. The pre/posttest is also available in a convenient packet of 20 – enough for 10 students.
The Student Workbook (comes as a packet of 10) is required for each student. It contains fill-in-the-blank worksheets, illustrations, motivational activities, and homework assignments.
Purchase the basic program (consists of Leader’s Manual with audio CD, packet of 20 pre/post-tests(for 10 students), and packet of 10 student workbooks) for $59.97. Can order additional packets of pre/post-tests and workbooks; please see the Product Options box above when ordering.