#7648. This book helps you take full advantage of your military benefits. It explains the various programs available to you and your family, and helps you properly file applications, claims, and appeals.
You’ll make sense of the often-confusing world of the Department of Veterans Affairs and see exactly how to get the benefits you need and deserve.
- Understand your status – based on length, type, place, and period of service, know where you stand as a veteran
- Work with the VA and service offices – evaluate the VA health care program and Tricare, the DOD health care system
- Navigate the VA disability compensation and application process – understand disability ratings and available programs including CRSC
- Find your way home – use a low-interest loan to finance your dream house or retire gracefully in a military home
- Travel in style – take advantage of military aircraft and lodging around the world
- Carry on in memory – discover payments and benefits available to spouses and dependent children of deceased veterans and how to request honors and memorials
The book also reveals:
- Whether you meet basic qualifications for veterans
- How to change your discharge status
- The lowdown on pensions and retirement pay
- Ways the new G.I. Bill affects servicemen and women
- Clear explanations of medical and dental benefits
- The pros and cons of the VA home loan
- Financial planning tips
- Help for homeless veterans
368 pages. Softcover. 2009. PRICING: $19.99. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $179.95; 100 copies for $1,599.95.