NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE SEE OUR OTHER ADDICTION-RELATED RESOURCES (CLICK HERE) AND RECOVERY-RELATED RESOURCES (CLICK HERE). FOR MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES, CLICK HERE.
#4533 Nine DVDs in this series feature dramatic re-enactments of people sharing their experiences with addiction and various co-occurring disorders. Professionals provide clinical insights on key issues.
These are terrific programs for use in individual, group, or family sessions. Each includes follow-up discussion questions. Each program includes a DVD and a CD-ROM that contains a downloadable Facilitator Guide, Family Guide, and Workbook. Viewing time: 20-28 minutes per DVD.
Can purchase separately (as an instructional package) at $145.00 each. SPECIAL: $1,299.00 for all nine instructional packages.
- Understanding Bipolar Disorder and Addiction: This program explains the different aspects of bipolar disorder, such as mania and depression, and explores how the disorder interacts with chemical dependency. Examples illustrate the importance of medication, abstinence, and spirituality. By Dennis Daley. 1995.
- Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder and Addiction: This program provides support for recovery from borderline personality disorder (BPD) and addiction, and explores ways to cope with common behaviors and thoughts associated with BPD. By Juergen E. Korbanka. 2004.
- Understanding Depression and Addiction: This program explores ways to cope with the common behaviors and thoughts associated with depression and provides support for recovery from depression and addiction. By Dennis Daley. 1994.
- Understanding Dissociative Disorders and Addiction: This program explores the cause of dissociative disorders, the role of medication, the prognosis for recovery, and coping strategies that can lead to a fuller, more integrated life. By A. Scott Winter. 2003.
- Understanding Major Anxiety Disorders and Addiction: Recovering from an anxiety disorder and addiction is a double challenge. This program provides a step-by-step process to identify anxiety triggers and recognize ways to change thoughts and reactions. By Dennis Daley. 1994.
- Understanding Personality Problems and Addiction: This program is one of the few recovery resources to discuss addiction as it relates to problematic personality traits: being antisocial, passive-aggressive, self-centered, perfectionistic, controlling, or dependent. By Roger D. Weiss. 1995.
- Understanding Schizophrenia and Addiction: This program dispels the shame that clients often feel and explores how medications, counseling, self-care, and a support system offer hope for recovery. By Dennis Daley. 2003.
- Understanding Suicide and Addiction: This program helps clients recognize warning signs, stay involved in a recovery program, keep sobriety a high priority, think through suicidal thoughts, and build and use a support system. By Dennis Daley. 2003.
- Preventing Relapse: An important part of recovery from a co-occurring disorder is being able to identify the triggers that cause a relapse and the ways to prevent it from happening. This program includes crucial information about relapse, the basic steps of relapse prevention, and personal stories that illustrate the power of an individual relapse prevention plan. By Dennis Daley. 1994.
There are no reviews yet.