By Tony Beshara
With a foreword by Phillip C. McGraw.
What does Tony Beshara do that most resume experts dont? While the experts write resumes all day, Tony, the veteran placement specialist featured regularly on the Dr. Phil show, actually uses them to get people jobs.
With Unbeatable Resumes, Tony dissects and discusses real-life resumes for jobs in a wide range of industries from health care to banking, construction to technology, administration to sales and marketing, and more.
The book shows readers how to build a powerful resume, utilize keywords effectively, use gaps and job changes to their advantage, and pair their resumes with concise, dynamic cover letters.
He complements his expertise (he has personally placed more than 8,500 professionals) with the results of a survey of more than 3,000 managers, executives, HR specialists, and other hiring authorities about what gets resumes read, interviews granted, and jobs offered.
Readers will learn:
- The critical components of well-written resume
- How to ensure their resume actually gets read…by the right people
- What employers look for, and what turns them off
- How to customize a resume for a particular job
- The truth about video resumes, job-search websites, and social networking sites like FaceBook, LinkedIn, and MySpace
- And much more
336 pages. Softcover. 2011.