By Ron and Caryl Krannich, Ph.Ds
Immersing travelers in the shopping and travel wonders of Malaysia and Singapore, two seasoned travelers explore the treasures found in the shopping centers, department stores, shophouses, hotel shopping arcades, markets, and factories of Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Malacca, and Kuching. The book reveals the best of the best in products, shopping areas, and the whole shopping process.
This one-of-a kind travel guide outlines in enormous detail how to:
- Prepare for a shopping and travel adventure
- Handle such basics as transportation, tours, currency, tipping, immigration, customs
- Locate quality shops offering the best in arts, crafts, jewelry
- Bargain for excellent prices
- Ship purchases home with confidence
- Enjoy fine hotels, restaurants, sightseeing
Filled with useful strategies, as well as specific names and addresses, page after page reveals the secrets to making Singapore and Malaysia two of your most rewarding travel and shopping adventures. This volume in our highly acclaimed Impact Guides series lets you discover a whole new travel adventure largely absent in other tour guides on this exciting part of the world. 272 pages. 1996.