#7158. This six-part series shows four people from different walks of life as they each face various job search challenges and barriers.
Viewers learn through their experiences and apply what they’ve learned to their own future. By the time viewers finish this series, they’ll have the confidence and the knowledge to find their place in the world of work.
Viewing time: Approximately 25 minutes per program. 2009. Can purchase separately for $131.00 each. SPECIAL: $695.00 for complete set of 6 DVDs.
- The World of Work (DVD #1) – In this program, viewers learn about what they need from a job and what they have to offer an employer. The DVD features tips for budgeting time and money, identifying job skills, and seeing through the eyes of an employer. Click here to download the accompanying free instructor’s guide.
- The Right Job for You (DVD #2) – Building on concepts presented in “The World of Work,” this program teaches viewers how to set short and long term goals, methods for researching job objectives that fit their skills and interests, and develop a career plan for achieving these goals. Click here to download the accompanying free instructor’s guide.
- Job Seeker’s Toolkit (DVD #3) – This program shows how to assemble a job seeker’s toolkit, beginning with the most important tool – a resume. Viewers learn about the type of resume that suits them best, the parts of a resume, and resume do’s and don’ts for their situation. Cover letters, job applications, and portfolios are also covered. Click here to download the accompanying free instructor’s guide.
- The Job Search (DVD #4) – Explains many effective ways to find job openings, including contacting employers directly, posting resumes online, and using a network of contacts. Viewers learn which job search techniques have the best results and how to create a job search plan for their situation. Click here to download the accompanying free instructor’s guide.
- The Job Interview (DVD #5) – This DVD explains how to dress, get prepared, make a good impression, and deal with the most common interview questions. Viewers learn how to make the most of their strengths and minimize liabilities for job interview success. Click here to download the accompanying free instructor’s guide.
- The Real Work Begins (DVD #6) – Teaches viewers how to keep the jobs they find and establish themselves as valuable employees in the workplace. Viewers learn do’s and don’ts for their on-the-job success, as well as how to exceed their employer’s expectations. Click here to download the accompanying free instructor’s guide.