#9940 Make sure your students use the right resources for acing the GED with this combined 29 practice DVDs, two prep guidebooks, and online strategies/examples. Available together for the first time, our library consists of the following resources:
GED Review Series (29 DVDs)
#4873 This comprehensive GED Review DVD series is the ultimate resource for conquering the revised (2014) GED exam. Featuring real teaching by real teachers, these developmental study programs start with the basics, develop your skills, and take the stress out of learning. The complete series should be in all public libraries, schools, colleges, correctional facilities, etc. in order to educate students for better jobs in America’s workforce.
With this user-friendly series, you’ll learn how to succeed on the Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies sections of the GED exam!
Each review course begins with Step 1, where you’ll review basic literacy skills in reading, writing, math, science, and social studies. For example, how to find the main idea of a reading passage; how to identify common sentence structure errors; how to work with fractions, decimals, and percents; how to use context to define unfamiliar scientific terms; and how to understand the causes and effects of historical events.
Then, in Step 2, you’ll continue improving your abilities and build on what you’ve learned as you tackle more complex material. For example, how to make inferences from a text; how to recognize when subjects and verbs don’t agree; how best to organize your ideas before writing an essay; how to solve quadratic equations; how to interpret scientific graphs; and how to make sense of political cartoons.
And finally, in Step 3, you’ll tie everything together and learn the more advanced concepts you’ll likely be tested on. For example, how to compare multiple reading passages; how to sound smart in your own writing; how to calculate volume and surface area of 3D solids; how to evaluate the results of scientific studies; and how to analyze historical documents.
Along the way, you’ll work through a large variety of exercises so you can fill in any “gaps” in your knowledge and get extensive practice in the various subjects tested. Your easy-to-follow instructors reveal insider secrets about what the test-makers are looking for and proven strategies for answering every type of question you’re likely to encounter on your test. By the end of these programs, you’ll feel competent, comfortable, and confident when you walk into that exam room!
The series includes:
- GED Review: Language Arts Steps 1-2-3
- GED Review: Mathematics Steps 1-2-3
- GED Review: Science Steps 1-2-3
- GED Review: Social Studies Steps 1-2-3
Can purchase each title in the series separately, or the complete set of 29 DVDs (total viewing time: 59 hours) for $899.95. SPECIAL: 5 sets of DVDs (145 DVDs) for $4,129.00. The product includes instructions on how to download a free study guide.
See also these other review series:
Kaplan GED Test Prep Plus 2022-2023: 2 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online (Kaplan Test Prep)
Caren Van Slyke and Kaplan
#9519 Newest edition of the most popular annual GED program for obtaining GED diplomas or certificates throughout the U.S. and Canada. Designed for self-study, it includes comprehensive content review for all sections of the GED tests, realistic online test, powerful test-taking strategies, hundreds of practice questions, practice tests, and tips from a top GED expert. It includes:
• 1,000+ practice questions with detailed explanations
• Two full-length practice tests, including one online practice test with personalized feedback
• In-book diagnostic pretest that helps you set up a personalized study plan for the book and online materials
• 60 online videos with expert instruction, explanations, and strategies
• Expert strategies for tackling the exam, both in the book and in online videos
• Essential skills and review for all GED subjects: Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies tests
• Effective strategies for writing extended responses and short answers that appear on three of the four tests
• Clear instructions on using the Texas Instruments TI-30XS MultiView™ calculator
780 pages. © 2022. $29.99. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $269.00; 25 copies for $649.00; 50 copies for $1,239.00; 100 copies for $2,399.00.
GED Study Guide 2022 All Subjects – GED Prep Book Secrets, 3 Full-Length Practice Tests, Step-by-Step Review Video Tutorials
#9939 The ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to pass their General Educational Development Tests. The exam is extremely challenging, and thorough test preparation is essential for success. This study guide includes:
• Practice test questions with detailed answer explanations
• Step-by-step video tutorials to help you master difficult concepts
• Tips and strategies to help you get your best test performance
• A complete review of all GED test sections
GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education (ACE) and administered exclusively by GED Testing Service LLC under license. While this material is not endorsed or approved by ACE or GED Testing Service, this guide is filled with the critical information you will need in order to do well on your GED exam: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the American Council on Education (ACE) expects you to have mastered before sitting for your exam.
The Mathematical Reasoning section covers:
• Basic Math
• Statistics and Probability
The Reasoning Through Language Arts section covers:
• Reading for Meaning
• Identifying and Creating Arguments
• Foundations of Grammar
• Agreement and Sentence Structure
• Usage Errors
• Strategy for the Extended Response Section
The Science section covers:
• Reading for Meaning in Science
• Designing and Interpreting Science Experiments
• Using Numbers and Graphics in Science
• Science Knowledge Overview
The Social Studies section covers:
• Reading for Meaning in Social Studies
• Analyzing Historical Events and Arguments in Social Studies
• Using Numbers and Graphics in Social Studies
• Social Studies Knowledge Overview
• …and much more!
The guide is full of specific and detailed information that will be key to passing your exam. Concepts and principles aren’t simply named or described in passing, but are explained in detail. The study guide is laid out in a logical and organized fashion so that one section naturally flows from the one preceding it. Because it’s written with an eye for both technical accuracy and accessibility, you will not have to worry about getting lost in dense academic language.
Any test prep guide is only as good as its practice questions and answer explanations, and that’s another area where our guide stands out. The Mometrix test prep team has provided plenty of GED practice test questions to prepare you for what to expect on the actual exam. Each answer is explained in depth, in order to make the principles and reasoning behind it crystal clear.
Many concepts include links to online review videos where you can watch our instructors break down the topics so the material can be quickly grasped. Examples are worked step-by-step so you see exactly what to do.
© 2022. 489 pages. $32.99. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $296.95; 25 copies for $717.95; 50 copies for $1,388.00; 100 copies for $2,739.00.