#8877 Pregnancy among teenagers is becoming a growing problem in today’s society. About 1 million teenagers become pregnant each year and more than 530,000 give birth. Dealing with the responsibility of becoming a parent at a young age is one of the hardest tasks to take on.
Many teenagers don’t fully understand the large responsibility and full time commitment it takes to raise another human being, when they themselves still have a lot of growing up to do.
It is vital that teenagers become educated about sexual responsibility, as well as ways to protect themselves from getting pregnant if they’re sexually active. Topics covered in this video include:
- Why do teenage girls get pregnant?
- Why do teenage girls want to get pregnant?
- What kind of help does a teenage mother need?
- Is a baby born to a teenage mother more at risk than a baby born to a grown woman?
- What are the consequences of teenage pregnancy?
- Teen responsibility
- Child support and costs of raising a child
- Pregnant teens – 2/3 drop out of school
Suitable for grades 6-12. Viewing time: 18 minutes. 2011. $74.95.