By Ester Leutenberg and John J. Liptak
One of the most difficult life skills teenagers need to learn is how to control anger. The Teen Anger Workbook is designed to help teens engage in self-reflection, examine their thoughts and feelings that lead to feelings of anger, and learn effective tools and techniques for effectively managing feelings of anger.
The book is unique in that it combines two powerful psychological tools for anger management: self-assessment and journaling.
The Teen Anger Workbook contains five separate sections that will help the participants learn more about themselves as well as how anger impacts their lives:
- Teen Anger Triggers Scale helps individuals explore what triggers feelings of anger within them.
- Teen Anger Intensity Scale helps individuals identify how prone they are to anger and how strong their feelings are of anger.
- Teen Anger Expression Scale helps individuals identify their particular ways of expressing their anger to other people.
- Teen Anger Consequences Scale helps individuals explore the adverse effects of uncontrolled anger on their relationships and life.
- Teen Anger Management Scale helps individuals better understand their skills in managing the anger in their life.
Contains facilitator reproducible self-assessments, exercises, and educational handouts. 122 pages. Spiral-bound. January 2011.