By Dennis V. Damp
Packed with proven tips and valuable assessment and evaluation tools, this unique and updated workbook provides federal workers with the individualized know-how and guidance they need to identify, obtain, and successfully demonstrate the skills and experience required to qualify for new and better federal jobs.
You’ll learn how to prepare an Individual Development Plan (IDP) that includes:
- self assessment
- locating job opportunities and career enhancement details and assignments
- setting realistic goals
- networking techniques
- how to complete a dynamite application
- interviewing techniques
- how to stay on track
You’ll discover exceptional resources to locate job vacancy announcements, agency websites, employment applications, forms and procedures, new federal department connections, how to enhance interviewing skills, and much more.
- Introduction to Career Development
- Exploring Job Opportunities
- Individual Development Plans
- Supervisory and Management IDPs
- Explore Opportunities in Your Agency First
- Jobs With Other Agencies
- Networking and Interviews
- Completing Your Employment Applications
- Career Success
224 pages. Softcover. Appendices. 2010.
There are no reviews yet.