with their daughters – and especially so for fathers. In this unique and invaluable guide,
Dr. Meg Meeker, a pediatrician with more than 20 years experience counseling girls, reveals
that a young woman’s relationship with her father is far more important than we’ve ever realized.
and wisdom. Dr. Meeker shares the 10 secrets every father needs to know in order to strengthen or
rebuild bonds with his daughter and shape her life – and his own – for the better. Inside you’ll discover:
- the essential virtues of strong fathers – and how to develop them
- the cues daughters take from their dads on everything from self-respect to drugs, alcohol, and sex
- the truth about ground rules (girls do want them, despite their protests)
- the importance of becoming a hero to your daughter
- the biggest mistake a dad can make and the ramifications
- the fact that girls actually depend on their dads guidance into adulthood
- steps fathers can follow to help daughters avoid disastrous decisions and mistakes
- ways in which a fathers faith – or lack thereof – will influence his daughter
- essential communication strategies for different stages of a girls life
- true stories of prodigal daughters – and how their fathers helped to bring them back
288 pages. Softcover. Reprint. 2007. $16.99. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $159.00; 100 copies for $1,495.00.