By Entrepreneur Press and Rick Mintzer
Do you enjoy teaching others? Are you interested in starting a business that makes money and a positive impact? If so, then you’ll earn high marks in the tutoring and test prep arena!
Whether you want to start a one-on-one tutoring business from home, an online-based education support program, or manage your own learning facility, this book covers everything you need to know.
Learn business basics including how to choose your niche, secure financing, legally establish your business, manage day-to-day operations, and more. Gain an understanding of learning approaches, the latest teaching methods, industry technology and tools, and other industry essentials.
Plus, round out your startup curriculum with invaluable advice and examples from current business owners!
This guide shows you how to:
- Match your skill set with your market and their needs
- Choose a business environment that works for you
- Master effective teaching methods for diverse learning approaches
- Write a marketing plan that captures clients and creates referrals
- Develop profitable academic relationships
- Create a support staff who will help you succeed
- Set your fees
- Boost profits by expanding your specialty or your business
224 pages. Softcover. 2009.