By Joe Kennedy
This guide is useful for new entrepreneurs as well as seasoned business owners and can be read from cover to cover or to quickly look up information in the midst of a crisis. For example:
- Choose among 13 ways to get new financing and the 17 steps to building a winning loan package.
- Weigh the pros and cons among 8 legal structures, from corporations to LLCs.
- Write winning ads and analyze 16 advertising and marketing alternatives, including the latest in Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
- Develop a powerful business plan in half the time.
- Learn to sell products and services by considering 10 possible sales and distribution channels.
- Discover the latest trends to quickly and inexpensively set up a website and e-store.
- Understand the legal side of hiring, firing, and managing employees and contractors.
- Minimize taxes by learning the ins-and-outs of business income taxes, the top 5 payroll taxes, sales and use taxes, common tax dodges, and the latest loopholes for business owners. Filing schedules, form names, form numbers and download links are also included.
- Credit cards are critical these days – so learn how the system really works and minimize chargebacks, disputes and headaches. Includes 35 important definitions and 12 ways to minimize fraud.
And in addition:
- Learn about getting taxes paid on time, collect from deadbeats, protect the business from litigation and get legal agreements with teeth by effectively finding and partnering with CPAs and attorneys.
- Get a quick overview of the 14 top forms of business insurance including workers comp and medical.
- Looking to lease? Exploit a comprehensive review of the top 18 critical factors used to evaluate locations and 24 of the most important clauses in lease agreements.
311 pages. 2005.