By Shellie Vandevoorde
#7489 Where can you turn…when the bills are due, the kids are acting out, loneliness and doubt are creeping into your quiet hours – and you’re handling it all alone?
If your spouse or partner is in the military, or has any job that entails long stretches of time away from home, these may be the greatest challenges that your relationship will ever face. Now is the time you need answers, resources, and understanding, and this book will provide them.
Military wife and U.S. Army veteran Shellie Vandevoorde has penned a practical, compassionate guide to help military couples cope with the separation of active deployment. The book offers sound and comforting advice from someone who’s been there.
- Keep the lines of communication open while your partner is away.
- Address your children’s fears as you cope with your own.
- Juggle finances and other household duties.
- Find the balance you desperately need.
- Cope with post-traumatic stress, injury, and other challenges when a spouse or partner returns from war.
- Utilize military resources and support groups to help yourself through the toughest times.