By Linda Gilkerson and Theresia Paauwe
#3585 Self-employment is on the rise. In fact, the number of self-employed individuals has grown substantially over the past decade. Advances in telecommuting technology and the rise of e-business have given would-be entrepreneurs access to new sales channels and marketing avenues, thus making the dream of self-employment more accessible than ever before.
Self-employed people make up less than 15 percent of the working population, but they account for approximately two-thirds of all millionaires in the U.S. In addition, self-employed people are four times more likely to become millionaires than those who work for others.
That makes this unique workbook more timely than ever. It leads you through the planning and start-up process for your own small business. Following the book’s clear explanations, examples, exercises, and worksheets, you’ll learn:
- Whether you have what it takes to succeed
- How to define and set goals for your dream
- How much money you’ll need to get started
- Who your customers are
- How to price and market your business
- How to keep records and handle cash flow, taxes, insurance, and legal issues