By John Marcus
The right resume and cover letter are crucial to getting the kind of job you want. The unique problem-solving approach of this book helps you zero in on the critical aspects of these essential job-hunting tools, turning your resume weaknesses into resume strengths. The author identifies 50 common resume problems and shows you how to solve each one. You’ll learn how to overcome such problems as gaps in your employment history, frequent job hopping, and deficiencies in your skill set. You’ll also discover how to maximize your resume’s visual impact and describe your work experience in crisp, powerful language. The book shows you how to:
- Make employers want to read your resume
- Choose attention-grabbing key words and phrases
- Deal with sensitive issues such as age, having been fired, and embarrassing former jobs
- Present yourself as a valuable asset to employers
- Create a clear and attractive visual presentation
- Craft high-impact cover letters that instantly hook employers and recruiters
Complete with stunning before-and-after examples that demonstrate the tremendous value of a few simple changes, The Resume Makeover is your key to removing employment roadblocks and filling your calendar with interview appointments. 208 pages. 2003.
There are no reviews yet.