By Quentin J. Schultze, Ph.D., with a foreword by Richard Nelson Bolles
#9059 Do you just have minimal job experience? No problem! This book is for you.
You’ve just graduated and are ready to land your first real job after college or high school. But how do you write the first resume and cover letter of your career if you don’t have any previous jobs to list? How do you stand out above the other applicants – including people with more experience who are out of work – with your summer job at the diner, internship at the local paper, or spot on the Ultimate Frisbee team?
Dr. Q to the rescue! For two decades, communication professor Quentin Schultze has been teaching resume-writing to college students and recent graduates, helping them identify their strengths and transferable skills from their unique life experiences – from extracurriculars to part-time jobs to internships to volunteering.
With Resume 101, you’ll discover the secrets to composing strong, impressive resumes and cover letters, such as:
- What to include when you lack professional experience
- How to get great references and recommendations
- When to use a summary rather than objective statement
- When to include hobbies, travel, and technology skills
- What to do if your GPA isn’t sky-high
- Which designs and basic formats work the best
- Where to find the perfect verbs and adjectives for a specific job
144 pages. Softcover. 2012. Reprint.
There are no reviews yet.