By Jeffrey E. Young, Ph.D., and Janet S. Klosko, Ph.D.
Unsatisfactory relationships, irrational lack of self-esteem, feelings of being unfulfilled – these are all problems that can be solved by changing the types of messages that people internalize. These self-defeating behavior patterns are called “lifetraps,” and this book shows you how to stop the cycle that keeps you from attaining happiness.
The authors, highly respected psychologists, draw on the breakthrough principles of cognitive therapy to help you recognize and change negative thought patterns, without the aid of drugs or long-term traditional therapy. They describe eleven of the most common lifetraps, provide a diagnostic test for each, and offer step-by-step instructions to help you break free of the traps. This compassionate, liberating book’s innovative approach to solving ongoing emotional problems will help you create a more fulfilling productive life.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create a more positive and productive environment
- Develop fulfilling Relationships
- Energize and transform your everyday life
- Free yourself from anxiety, fear, and panic
- Break the cycle of self-defeating behavior
- Overcome feelings of insecurity and rejection