By Garth Sundem
- 11-year-old Tilly saved lives in Thailand by warning people that a tsunami was coming.
- 15-year-old Malika fought against segregation in her Alabama town.
- 10-year-old Jean-Dominic won a battle against pesticides – and the cancer they caused in his body.
- 6-year-old Ryan raised $800,000 to drill water wells in Africa.
- 12-year-old Haruka invented a new environmentally friendly way to scoop dog poop.
With the right role models, any child can be a hero. Thirty true stories profile kids who used their heads, their hearts, their courage, and sometimes their stubbornness to help others and do extraordinary things.
As young readers meet these boys and girls from around the world, they may wonder, What kind of hero lives inside of me?
Suitable for ages 12 and up. 176 pages. Softcover. 2010.