By Rosalind Wiseman
Bestseller! This groundbreaking book has now been revised for a new generation of girls and explores:
- How girls’ experiences before adolescence impact their teen years, future relationships, and overall success
- The different roles girls play in and outside of cliques as Queen Bees, Targets, and Bystanders, and how this defines how they and others are treated
- Girls’ power plays – from fake apologies to fights over instant messaging and text messages
- Where boys fit into the equation of girl conflicts and how you can help your daughter better hold her own with the opposite sex
- Checking your baggage – recognizing how your experiences impact the way you parent, and how to be sanely involved in your daughter’s difficult, yet common social conflicts
Packed with insights about technology’s impact on Girl World and enlivened with the experiences of girls, boys, and parents, the book that inspired the hit movie Mean Girls offers concrete strategies to help you empower your daughter to be socially competent and treat herself with dignity.
448 pages. Softcover. 2016.