By Diane Sanfilippo
#6903. Our great-grandmothers didn’t need nutrition lessons – then again, they weren’t forced to wade through aisle after aisle of packaged foods touting outlandish health claims and confusing marketing jargon. Over the last few decades, we’ve forgotten what “real food” is, and we’re left seeking foods that will truly nourish our bodies.
Achieving optimal health without calorie-counting, diet foods, or feelings of deprivation has never been easier. Practical Paleo explains why avoiding both processed foods and foods marketed as “healthy” – such as grains, legumes, and pasteurized dairy – will improve how you look and feel and lead to lasting weight loss. Even better, you may reduce or completely eliminate symptoms associated with common health disorders.
This book is jam-packed with over 120 easy recipes, all with special notes about common food allergens including nightshades and FODMAPs. Meal plans are also included, and are designed specifically to support:
- immune health (autoimmune conditions)
- blood sugar regulation (diabetes 1 and 2, hypoglycemia)
- digestive health (leaky gut, IBS and IBD)
- multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndromethyroid health (hypo and hyper – Hashimotos, Graves)
- heart health (cholesterol and blood pressure)
- neurological health (Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s)
- cancer recovery
- fat loss
- athletic performance
- a “squeaky-clean” Paleo approach
Practical Paleo is the resource you’ll reach for again and again, whether you’re looking for information on healthy living, delicious recipes, or easy-to-understand answers to your questions about how a Paleo lifestyle can benefit you, your family, and your friends.
432 pages. Softcover. 2012.