By Harvey Shrum, Ed.D.
COMING IN APRIL! Correctional specialist and author of The Ex-Offenders Guide to a Responsible Life, Harvey Shrum now addresses one of the most important life-changing issues for incarcerated men and women how to become a responsible and effective parent in raising infants to teenagers.
Heres the book that can make a big difference in the lives of parents. Beginning with the story of the gentle and loving “Old Woman in the Shoe,” Dr. Shrum updates her approach with kinder and gentler advice on raising children in 8 key development stages:
- birth-5 months
- infants 6-12 months
- toddlers 12-18 months
- toddlers 18 months to 4½ years
- toddlers 5-8 years
- children 9-12 years
- pre-teenagers 12-14 years
- teenagers 15-17 years
The book address such important issues as:
- babies and sign language
- motor skills
- power struggles
- physical and mental changes
- the teenagers brain
- dealing with anger and oppositional behavior
- responding to whining and fighting
- alternatives to spanking and yelling
- positive attention
- childrens medical health programs
- homeless childs right to attend school
- and much much more
The perfect guide for becoming the great parent youve always wanted to be!
132 pages. Softcover. April 2013. SUPER SPECIALS: 10 copies for $111.60; 100 copies for $697.50; 1,000 copies for $5,580.00. Please see the Product Options box when ordering.