By Jane Nelsen, Cheryl Erwin, and Roslyn Ann Duffy
The months leading up to the birth of a child are filed with joy, dreams, plans – and a few worries. As a caring parent, you want to start your child out in life on the proper foundation. But where do you go for the answers to such questions as:
How do I communicate with an infant who doesn’t understand words?
How can I effectively teach boundaries to my toddler?
Should I ever spank my child?
You’ll find practical solutions and solid advice on how to:
- Encourage independence and exploration while providing appropriate boundaries
- Use non-punitive methods to instill valuable social skills and positive behavior inside and outside the home
- Recognize when your child is ready to master the challenges of sleeping, eating, and potty training, and how to avoid the power struggles that often come with those lessons
- Identify your child’s temperament
- Understand what the latest research in brain development tells us about raising healthy children
- And much, much more!
In addition, this book contains real-life examples of challenges other parents and caregivers have faced.
304 pages. Softcover. 2007.
There are no reviews yet.