By Susan Benjamin
#7847 This is a must-read for anyone who dreads networking or who has ever fumbled or frozen during important and possibly career-changing conversations.
From cocktail parties to industry conferences, association meetings, and even unexpected run-ins on the street, this book has all the tools you need to feel comfortable striking up a conversation, steering it in the right direction, and following up effectively.
Whether you’re looking for a promotion, considering a career change, or just hoping to update your contact list for a rainy day, this handy resource has you covered – including new-media tactics such as email etiquette, rules for social networking, and the proper way to leave a blog comment.
Author Susan Benjamin shows you how to:
- Break the ice
- Use personal connections to create a conversation
- Steer the conversation toward leads
- Ask for an invitation to an exclusive gathering
- Get through to someone who’s putting you off
- Get new leads from an old contact
- Perfect your elevator pitch
- Send a cold e-mail that gets a response
- Make the most of online networking functions
208 pages. Softcover. 2009.
This item is part of The Perfect Phrases Job Search Series.
There are no reviews yet.