NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE SEE OUR OTHER BULLYING RESOURCES (CLICK HERE). FOR MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES, CLICK HERE.
By James Dillon, M.S.
#6787 This is a whole-school program that’s designed to decrease inappropriate behavior on buses while creating a climate of respect and cooperation.
Teachers, administrators, parents, and students take part in bus route group meetings. At these meetings, the students:
- Participate in team-building exercises.
- Develop mentoring relationships by pairing older students with younger students on the bus.
- Talk about bullying – and what behavior is not acceptable.
- Get acquainted with their bus driver.
This program can be used with elementary, middle, or high school students, who can serve as mentors, role modles, and teachers of younger students.
There is very little financial cost to implementing the Peaceful School Bus Program. All materials are included in the 128-page guide. Also included is a 15-minute DVD that gives a program overview. The CD-ROM provides numerous resources including:
- program posters
- bus decals
- activity handouts
- a parent letter (in English and Spanish)
- a bus route leader-training outline
- an implementation checklist
It is recommended that each committee member and bus route group leader have one copy of the guide. $159.00 per guide. SPECIAL: Two guides for $289.00.
There are no reviews yet.