By Norene Lindsay
#7584 This edition has been completely updated to reflect the needs of today’s junior high/high school career curriculums. Teachers love to use this workbook as a class supplement for the following reasons:
- Affordably priced
- Easy and fun for students to use
- Students learn to identify career interests, values, and preferences
- Includes many hands-on activities and an extensive career interest checklist
- Students consider options such as getting a job right out of high school, receiving job training beyond high school, or going to college
- Advises on scheduling courses and activities to help meet long-term career goals
This edition features:
- 14 career interest groups with each group divided into sub-groups.
- The Individual Career Portfolio is a 6-panel foldout that is used to support career exploration/awareness activities in this workbook.
- Expanded career interest group descriptions: All 14 groups now contain complete descriptions of all sub-groups within an interest area.
- The Teacher’s Guide helps teachers plan individual or class activities that correspond to the student workbook and provides tips, techniques, and specific activities for structuring a career awareness program.
- Updated to include technology, family, and consumer science topics.
- 20 work values divided into 6 major areas.
- Foundation skills from the Secretary’s Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) Report used to illustrate the link between education and jobs.
- More details on specific educational paths, including Technical/Trade, Associate’s Degree, College Prep, and College Prep+.
Suitable for junior high school students. 128 pages. Softcover. 2010. $27.50. SPECIALS: 10 copies of the workbook for $248.50; 100 copies for $2,375.00.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1 – Career Paths: Discovering Your Career Interest Groups
Part 2 – More Paths to Follow: Focusing Your Career Choices
Part 3 – Educational Paths: Linking Education and Careers
Part 4 – Researching Careers: Matching Your Choices With Jobs
Part 5 – Planning for the Future: Keeping Records
See these related products:
There are no reviews yet.