By Susan Stiffelman
Imagine life without drama, meltdowns, and power struggles. Most of us know what to do when our kids behave. But family life can get downright crazy – moments when we most need to keep our cool.
The author, a family therapist, has shown thousands of parents how to be the cool, confident “captain of the ship” in their children’s lives. Based on her successful practice and packed with real-life stories, she offers successful strategies and clear insights to motivate kids to cooperate and connect.
This extraordinary guidebook for transforming day-to-day parenting life shows how to:
- Transform frustration and aggression into adaptation and cooperation
- Keep your cool when your kids push your buttons, talk back or refuse to “play nice”
- Nourish deep attachment with young and older kids
- Help your ADD’ish child survive and thrive, even if youre ADD’ish yourself
- Inoculate your kids from negative thinking and peer pressure that lead to anger, anxiety, depression, or behavior issues
- Help children manage the emotional challenges of divorce
260 pages. Softcover. 2009.