#6827 Based on the best-selling inventory Barriers to Employment Success (BESI) (#151), Overcoming Barriers to Employment Success takes the five major categories of barriers identified by the BESI and provides time-tested and practical strategies to overcome them.
With numerous worksheets, checklists, tips, and journaling exercises, this workbook helps people conduct a more effective job search and be more successful on the job by coaching them through, around, and over the barriers that stand in their way.
Many people encounter numerous obstacles, both material and mental, in finding and keeping a job. Among the barriers are a lack of transportation, a lack of career guidance, a poorly written resume, a prior conviction, family responsibilities, low self-esteem, a drug addiction, and many job seekers face more than one.
- Learn to overcome personal, physical, financial, and emotional barriers to getting a job.
- Discover more effective ways to find work.
- Explore education and training options.
- Make better decisions and develop a career plan.
This edition features:
- Updated to reflect global changes in society, the world of work, and how people overcome barriers in the 21st Century.
- New tips that help individuals alleviate emotional issues and manage stress.
- New guidance on using social media effectively to network and research occupations.
Written in clear and easy-to-understand language, this is an ideal tool for counselors, administrators, and job coaches who don’t have a lot of time to spend, but do have clients with hurdles to clear.
98 pages. 8½ x 11. Softcover. 2015. $23.69. SPECIALS: 10 copies of the workbook for $219.95; 100 copies for $2,199.00; and 1,000 copies for $20,995.00.
- Barriers to Employment Success (DVD)
- Barriers to Employment Success Inventory (assessment)
- Overcoming Barriers to Employment Success Package (program)