This is a school-based (grades 1 through 8) bullying prevention and reduction program, based on large-scale studies of school bullying conducted by pioneering researcher Dan Olweus.
The evidence-based program focuses on restructuring the school environment to reduce opportunities for bullying behaviors. School staff implement the program with an emphasis on improving peer relations and making the school a positive place for students to learn and develop.
Emphasizing a “whole school approach,” the program uses a set of routines, rules, and strategies of communication and action for dealing with bullying problems at the schoolwide, classroom, individual, and community levels.
- Creating a school kick-off event to discuss bullying issues
- Developing schoolwide rules against bullying
- Holding regular classroom meetings to increase awareness
- Intervening with students who are bullied or who bully others.
Components of this program include:
- Teacher Guide with DVD and CD-ROM – $62.95. This is the primary resource for teachers and classroom support staff; has been expanded to include more tools (in print and on CD-ROM) such as classroom meeting outlines and scripts, posters, and parent materials (in English and Spanish). The guide is softcover, 170 pages. The 15-minute DVD (closed-captioned) includes age-appropriate bullying scenarios to use in classroom meetings and role-plays. #0541.
- Schoolwide Guide with DVD and CD-ROM – $98.95. This provides step-by-step assistance for schoolwide implementation. Includes a CD-ROM of all print resources such as handouts and templates, and a 33-minute DVD (closed-captioned) that gives a program overview and information about how to use the program components at all levels. #0542.
- Scannable Bullying Questionnaire – $43.95 for a package of 30. This saves you the time and expense of processing results. Includes a narrative report to help you interpret results, a national data comparison, and graphs that can be inserted into PowerPoint slides for school presentations. Includes questions on cyber-bullying and demographics. #292130.
- Scannable Bullying Questionnaire in Spanish – $43.95 for a package of 30. #292330.
Kit B: Ten Teacher Guides, one Schoolwide Guide, and one package of 30 Scannable Bullying Questionnaires for $695.00.
If you need help with ordering more copies of any component of this program, please call our toll-free number (800-361-1055) Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, EST.
See also these related products:
- Bullying at School: What We Know and What We Can Do, a book by Dan Olweus
- Class Meetings and Individual Interventions: A Video Training Program for School Staff (Grades K-8)
- Class Meetings That Matter: A Year’s Worth of Resources for Grades K-5 and Grades 6-8
Check out also: