The combination of fast food, huge portions, lack of physical activity, and too much time spent playing video games and watching television has put children at high risk for developing weight problems.
This program, suitable for grades 3-5, uses engaging vignettes to open kids’ eyes to the realities of obesity and what they can do to control their weight and be healthier.
After viewing this program, students will:
- Recognize the three major behavioral causes of obesity.
- Identify essential nutrients and what constitutes a healthy portion size.
- Learn how to read nutrition information on food labels to aid in making choices.
- Understand the damaging effects of obesity on the body.
- Learn how to choose healthier food even at fast-food restaurants.
There are no reviews yet.