#5209 Finally, an innovative program designed to reorient the mindsets of newly arrived inmates whose survival depends on mentally transitioning to their prison culture. Designed for easy implementation just distribute the self-help handbook on Day One and play the DVD with an experienced inmate (in some cases a respected lifer) as the facilitator you can easily custom-design a powerful tell-it-like-it-is program that responds to the unique characteristics of your particular institution.
- What do new inmates learn on Day One? How do you prepare them for the upcoming correctional experience?
- Do you tell them the truth about what really lies ahead and reveal what they need to do to best survive in XYZ prison?
- Or do you just dispense basic information about the who, what, where, and how of this fortress maze?
- Is everyone listening, learning, and making the necessary mental transition to what lies ahead a highly structured life without freedom?
By conducting this smart Day One program, you’ll be ensuring the safety and well-being of everyone involved, and you’ll most likely have a lasting impact on those who may be initially frightened of and/or hostile to you and the environment you control.
Presented by a seasoned correctional educator, Ned Rollo, this flexible program consists of two DVDs designed for staff members and inmates:
- The Now What? DVD: Staff Version ($29.95)
A 7-minute video that introduces correctional administrators and staff to the rationale and methodology behind The Now What? Project. It explains why it’s so important to involve new inmates in such a program for the welfare of both themselves and the institution.
- The Now What? DVD: Inmate Version ($189.95)
A 57-minute DVD presentation for newly admitted inmates that focuses on psycho-social adaptation of first and repeat offenders who are facing short- and long-term incarceration. Designed to be used with inmates within the first six weeks of arrival – right when they are beginning to become familiar with their new environment.
Used in conjunction with the popular text and self-help handbook – A Map Through the Maze
– this program can be introduced by either staff or inmates experienced in conducting orientation and training programs/sessions.
Additional copies of the handbook are available at quantity discounts. Can purchase the 2 DVDs ($199.95) and handbook ($11.95) separately.
PROGRAM SPECIALS: 1 set (2 DVDs and 25 books) for $399.95; 5 sets (10 DVDs and 125 books) for $999.95; 10 sets (100 DVDs and 250 book) for $1,799.95; and 25 sets (50 DVDs and 625 books) for $6,999.95.