By Marc Muchnick
We all want to live a life without regrets, but few of us succeed. Certainly whenever we do something we wish we hadn’t – or don’t do something we wish we had – we vow it won’t happen again.
But we don’t ask ourselves why it happened in the first place.
Inspired by the last conversation author Marc Muchnick had with a friend who died in midlife, No More Regrets! explores the deeper pitfalls we get into as we go through life and the themes they have in common.
- We get stuck in ruts and become prisoners of our habits and circumstances.
- We take the good people and things around us for granted.
- We lose our authenticity and at times fail to live true to ourselves.
- We stop growing, learning, and evolving.
- We become overly self-absorbed, insensitive, and judgmental.
The 30 ways to greater happiness and meaning outlined in this book are expressly designed to help you avoid these sources of regret. Just one or two of these insights could potentially change your life. Taken together, what Muchnick offers here is nothing less than a comprehensive approach to banishing regret forever.
His suggestions are straightforward, thoughtful, and easy to implement — often just a matter of shifting your perspective, of seeing the world differently. Each is illustrated with a personal story that firmly grounds his ideas in the real world.
This attention-grabbing book will show you how to live in a way that allows you to confidently move forward rather than constantly look back.
162 pages. Softcover. 2011.