By Ron and Caryl Krannich, Ph.Ds
This book helps users transform ordinary resumes into outstanding resumes that immediately grab the attention of employers. Going far beyond most resume-writing guides, Nail the Resume! shows how to write, produce, distribute, follow up, and evaluate dynamite resumes – documents that quickly lead to job interviews and offers.
Focusing on 68 key principles, the book explains:
- How to transform an ordinary resume into an outstanding resume that immediately grabs the attention of employers.
- What common writing, production, and distribution mistakes you should always avoid.
- Why and how you should always include an Objective on a resume.
- How to design a unique employer-centered resume.
- How to generate information on your interests, skills, abilities, experience, and education, including worksheets for each resume section.
- How to best distribute your resume to potential employers.
- Which follow-up methods work best.
Special features of this unique book include:
- 12 resume myths and realities
- 47 writing, production, and distribution errors to avoid
- 9 examples of “before” and “after” resumes
- 49 examples of dynamite entry- to executive-level resumes
- Internal and external resume evaluation instruments
Don’t send another resume before first making sure it passes the rigorous principles and tests outlined in Nail the Resume! 236 pages. June 2005.
“…Well written and full of helpful information for the job seeker….The authors have taken a difficult topic and made it easy and organized for today’s candidate.”
—Career Planning and Adult Development Journal
THE AUTHORS: Ron and Caryl Krannich are two of America’s leading career and travel writers and authors of more than 70 books. They are authors of the companion books Nail the Cover Letter! and Nail the Job Interview! They reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.