By Ron and Caryl Krannich, Ph.Ds
THIS TITLE IS OUT OF PRINT. RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING SIMILAR TITLE BY THE SAME AUTHORS — 201 Dynamite Job Search Letters (#9717).
Job seekers often forget it’s their cover letter – not their resume – that is first read by employers. In fact, many employers consider a well-written cover letter to be more important than the resume. Thus, cover letters play a crucial role in making good first impressions on employers. However, the art of good letter writing is a skill few people possess or use to their advantage.
Nail the Cover Letter! shows how to produce powerful letters that lead to interviews and offers. Focusing on the key principles of effective communication, it examines the six most important letters every job seeker needs to write:
Dispelling numerous writing myths, this book includes several examples illustrating the writing principles as well as unique chapters on how to produce, distribute, and follow up letters with maximum impact. In addition, you’ll learn:
- Seven key steps to finding a job.
- The most important writing skills that lead to job interviews and offers.
- How to assess the degree to which you are prepared to conduct an effective job search.
- How to structure, design, and produce each section of a powerful cover letter and other job search letters.
- How to conduct both internal and external evaluations of job search letters.
- The most effective ways to distribute job search letters to employers.
- Key follow-up techniques that can result in interviews and job offers.
236 pages. Softcover. June 2005.
“A great supplement to any Resource Room or case manager’s bookshelf.”
“…A great guide to creating powerful cover letters.”
—Midwest Book Review
“…A fine teaching tool and a supportive text. Not only does it instruct; it also supplies the tools for evaluation and improvement.”
—Career Planning and Adult Development Journal
Ron and Caryl Krannich are two of America’s leading career and travel writers and authors of more than 80 books. They are authors of the companion books Nail the Resume and Nail the Job Interview. They reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.