By Janet I. Farley
#8383 Career-oriented military spouses face many obstacles relating to their mobile lifestyle and today’s difficult job market. This must-have resource is packed with solid advice for overcoming seemingly insurmountable obstacles to job and career success.
Especially designed for new military spouses and those entering or re-entering the workforce, this book answers these and many other important questions:
- How can I truly have a successful career and be married to someone in uniform at the same time?
- What resources are available to me in and outside of the military community?
- Who can I network with and what will that get me?
- Where can I find dollars to fund my college education or training for my job?
- What are the most and least effective job search techniques?
- How do I handle employers who I suspect wont hire me because I may be moving in three years?
- What if I am overqualified for all the jobs out there?
- I’ve gone as far as I can go in my job. Now what?
It includes insider tips on identifying skills, developing an effective job search, networking, writing resumes and letters, handling job interviews, and working for the federal government.
176 pages. Softcover. January 2012. Available on GSA Schedule. PRICING: $17.95. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $143.60 (20% discount); 25 copies for $336.57 (30% discount); 50 copies for $628.25; 100 copies for $1,077.00 (40% discount); 250 copies for $2,243.75; 500 copies for $4,487.50; 1,000 copies for $7,180.00; 5,000 copies for $26,925.00 (70% discount).