By Gillian Butler and Tony Hope
In this second edition of what has been hailed as the “bedside bible of sound advice and well-proven treatment methods” for achieving good mental health, the authors show how to attain the skills and attitudes that will help you become more effective in your work life while you enjoy a more fulfilling personal life.
Just as simple measures – regular exercise, eating sensibly – can make you feel better physically, the simple strategies described in this book will stretch, strengthen, and tune your mind, including the following:
- Develop your full potential
- Build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Manage your time
- Overcome anxiety and depression
- Break bad habits
- Take control of your present and future
- Learn to study effectively
- Relieve stress
- Free yourself of persistent fears and worries
In this edition are five new chapters on sexuality and intimate relationships, anger in relationships, recent traumatic events and their aftermath, loss and bereavement, and dealing with the past. 480 pages. 5½ x 8¼. Softcover. March 2007.