By Anne Baber and Lynne Waymon
#5627. This is a practical, step-by-step guide for creating, cultivating, and capitalizing on networking relationships and opportunities. Packed with valuable tools, the book offers a field-tested system that takes readers from entering a room, to making conversations flow, to following up.
This edition includes expanded advice on building social capital at work and in job hunting, as well as new case studies, examples, checklists, and questionnaires. Readers will discover how to:
- draft a networking plan
- cultivate current contacts
- make the most of memberships
- effectively exchange business cards
- avoid the top 10 networking turn-offs
- share anecdotes that convey character and competence
- transform their careers with a networking makeover
272 pages. 6 x 9. Softcover. February 2007.