Drawing on his decades in the behavioral sciences, Navarro shows how to use his simple yet powerful “comfort/discomfort” model to decode what’s really being said at meetings, interviews, negotiations, presentations, business meals, and more, including the casual exchanges that often impact decisions and reputations.
Jump-start your career as you discover how to:
- Read body language to understand what clients, coworkers, interviewers, or interviewees are thinking, feeling, or intending, and discern nonverbal cues of concern, disagreement, or doubt – even over the phone.
- Master the all-important first impression and use settings, seating, and gestures to inspire and captivate.
- Recognize habits that send the wrong message, from nail biting to wearing inappropriate attire – and see what posture, work practices, workspaces, and even electronic habits say about people.
- Become culturally aware and gender-sensitive, from best handshake practices to personal space preferences.
- Learn what the “comfort dividend” can do for you and your business.
- Explore how the concept of “curbside appeal” applies to you and your business, and can mean the difference between average and exceptional.
For job seekers looking to stand out from the pack, this book is your get-back-to-work bible. And business owners can use this book to close the deal, keep your customers, secure new ones, and lead your company with confidence.