#9769 Lonely Planet’s Cruise Ports Alaska is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch the skyscrapers of downtown Vancouver disappear behind the trees of Stanley Park as you glide beneath the Lion’s Gate Bridge, relive the wild drama of the gold rush era in Skagway, nose around Cold War relics amidst giant glaciers in Whittier -all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Alaska and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Cruise Ports Alaska:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette
- Over 35 color maps
- Covers Seattle, Vancouver, Ketchikan, Sitka, Juneau, Glacier Bay National Park, Icy Strait Point, Petersburg, Haines, Skagway, Whittier, Seward, Anchorage, Denali National Park
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Cruise Ports Alaska, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Alaska’s most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
© 2019. $19.99. 292 pages.