#8311 We venture here into some very controversial but fascinating analytical territory. Much of today’s youth generation, especially its dark side, is characterized by high levels of narcissism, strong sense of entitlement, self absorption, and the lack of focus, purpose, and responsibility. The result has been an increase in toxic relationships, including gaslighting and other narcissistic behaviors.
It’s not a pretty picture, especially when experts pile on with more generational criticism – weak skill sets, self-destructive behaviors, excessive consumption, over-intoxication, limited willpower, poor self-control, and lack of empathy. Easily distracted and exhibiting high levels of stress, depression, and unemployment, many young people were raised with inflated self-esteem (“you’re beautiful,” “you’re a winner,” and “first love yourself”) but with few corresponding accomplishments to justify their sense of grandiosity.
Accordingly, its a very confident, assertive, and unhappy generation that has difficulty transitioning to the sobering realities of responsible adulthood (jobs, finances, marriage, family).
The following collection of thought-provoking books takes an inside look at what has been happening with this generation and the implications for a society that may well be undergoing many dysfunctional changes precipitated by its troubled youth trying to also come to terms with today’s changing economy and job market. The collection includes inspiring resources on self-control, happiness, and practical wisdom.
Can purchase separately. SPECIAL: $259.95 for all 16 books.
- 5 Types of People Who Can Ruin Your Life ($17.00)
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ ($18.00)
- Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving and Thriving With the Self-Absorbed ($17.95)
- Gaslighting: Recognize Manipulative and Emotionally Abusive People — and Break Free ($17.99)
- The Happiness Project ($17.99)
- Healing From Toxic Relationships ($17.99)
- The Narcissism Epidemic: Living in the Age of Entitlement ($18.00)
- The Narcissism Recovery Handbook ($16.99)
- The Narcissist in Your Life ($17.99)
- The Narcissist Playbook ($19.95)
- Practical Wisdom ($13.95)
- Rethinking Narcissism ($15.99)
- Stumbling on Happiness ($17.00)
- Why Is It Always About You? The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism ($17.99)
- Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength ($18.00)
- You Might Be a Narcissist If… How to Identify Narcissism in Ourselves and Others and What We Can Do About It ($15.95)