#8311 We venture here into some very controversial but fascinating analytical territory. Much of todays youth generation, especially its dark side, is characterized by high levels of narcissism, strong sense of entitlement, self absorption, and the lack of focus, purpose, and responsibility.
Its not a pretty picture, especially when experts pile on with more generational criticism – weak skill sets, self-destructive behaviors, excessive consumption, over-intoxication, limited willpower, poor self-control, and lack of empathy. Easily distracted and exhibiting high levels of stress, depression, and unemployment, many young people were raised with inflated self-esteem (“youre beautiful,” “youre a winner,” and “first love yourself”) but with few corresponding accomplishments to justify their sense of grandiosity.
Accordingly, its a very confident, assertive, and unhappy generation that has difficulty transitioning to the sobering realities of responsible adulthood (jobs, finances, marriage, family).
The following collection of thought-provoking books takes an inside look at what has been happening with this generation and the implications for a society that may well be undergoing many dysfunctional changes precipitated by its troubled youth trying to also come to terms with a poor economy and dreadful job market. The collection includes inspiring resources on self-control, happiness, and practical wisdom.
Can purchase separately. SPECIAL: $292.95 for all 17 books.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ ($18.00)
- Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving and Thriving With the Self-Absorbed ($17.95)
- The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future (Or, Don’t Trust Anyone Under 30) ($17.00)
- Freeing Yourself From the Narcissist in Your Life ($16.95)
- Generation Me: Why Today’s Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled and More Miserable Than Ever Before ($18.00)
- The Happiness Project ($16.99)
- In Sheep’s Clothing ($16.95)
- The Narcissism Epidemic: Living in the Age of Entitlement ($18.00)
- The Object of My Affection Is in My Reflection: Coping With Narcissists ($14.95)
- Practical Wisdom ($17.00)
- Psychopath Free ($16.00)
- Rethinking Narcissism ($15.99)
- Stumbling on Happiness ($17.00)
- Temptation: Self-Control in the Age of Excess ($19.00)
- Why Is It Always About You? The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism ($15.99)
- Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength ($18.00)
- You Might Be a Narcissist If… How to Identify Narcissism in Ourselves and Others and What We Can Do About It ($13.95)