By Jeffrey A. Hoffman, Ph.D., Mim J. Landry, and Barry D. Caudill, Ph.D.
#4358 Evidence-based Living in Balance, now revised and updated (2015) to meet DMS-5 classifications, draws from cognitive-behavioral, experiential, and Twelve Step approaches. Sessions can be easily customized for a variety of settings, including treatment, mental health, and corrections: inpatient, extensive outpatient, hospital, evening or weekend programs, continuing care, and more.
Each session takes 60-75 minutes to complete. Partial sessions can be done in 30 minutes or less. New clients can join the program at any point during the delivery.
The program is client-focused. Clients will:
- Identify situations that trigger cravings and pinpoint the decisions that lead to drug use.
- Develop immediate alternatives to drug use.
- Create and implement a long-term plan for full recovery, including relapse prevention.
The Core Program (sessions 1-12) – Helps clients in early recovery learn about addiction and address life issues that are central to achieving successful recovery. Also includes a CD of the relaxation and visualization exercises. $645.00. The sessions include:
- Definitions, Terms, and Self-Diagnosis
- Alcohol and Other Drug Education
- Triggers, Cravings, and Avoiding Relapse
- Planning for Sobriety
- Alcohol and Tobacco
- Sex, Drugs, and Alcohol
- Stress and Emotional Well-Being
- Skills for Reducing Stress
- Negative Emotions
- Anger and Communication
- Relapse Prevention
Recovery Management Sessions (sessions 13-37) – Customize your treatment program to meet specific topic and client needs with these 25 sessions. $745.00. Sessions include:
- Introduction to Self-Help Groups
- The Twelve Steps
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Focus on AIDS
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Physical Wellness
- Problem Solving
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Human Needs and Social Relationships
- Family Matters
- You and Your Parents
- Child Development and Parenting Skills
- Educational and Vocational Goals
- Money Management
- Insurance and Consumer Credit
- Sexual Abuse
- Compulsive Sexual Behavior
- Addiction and Loss
- Grief: Responding to Loss
- Spirituality and Personality
- Advanced Relapse Prevention
- Medication-Assisted Treatment and Twelve Step Recovery
- Chronic Pain and Opiods
- Chronic Diseases
- Older Adults
Co-occurring Disorders Sessions (sessions 38-47) – These 10 sessions are ideal for use with clients living with a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder. $425.00. Sessions include:
- Effects of Drug Use on Mental Health
- What are Co-occurring Disorders?
- Comprehensive Treatment and Medications for Substance Use Disorders
- Phases of Dual Recovery
- Twelve Steps for Co-occurring Disorders
- Mutual Self-Help Groups and Co-occurring Disorders
- Important Issues About Mental Health Medications
- Relapse Prevention I: Building a Recovery Support System
- Relapse Prevention II: Making the Best Decisions
- Seeking Help for Co-occurring Disorders
Spanish translation of reproducible handouts for the 12 core sessions (on CD-ROM) available for $125.00.
All 47 Living in Balance sessions for $1,395.00.