#7736 This 2-volume program features a diverse group of teen parents who share their success stories about relationships, jobs, education, and the challenges that come with being a young parent.
The programs highly energetic style will draw teenaged viewers in, helping them feel more confident, responsible, and excited about the bright futures that await them and their children.
Teens will learn to:
- Recognize and seek out healthy relationships
- Avoid controlling and abusive relationships
- Continue their education to improve their quality of life
- Postpone having another baby right away for the benefit of their child
In Volume 1, “Healthy Relationships,” teens will learn to:
- Foster healthy relationship skills
- Understand the importance of waiting before having another child
- Boost their level of self-esteem
- Develop conflict resolution skills
- Avoid the danger of child and domestic abuse
- Practice responsible fatherhood
In Volume 2, “Building Your Future,” teens will learn to:
- Gain skills for goal setting and time management
- Lower their risk of dropping out of school
- Improve the quality of their childcare
- Gain smart job-searching skills and career options (including nontraditional ones)
- Curb impulsive spending and live within their means
- Understand the realities of living independently
Closed-captioned. Viewing time: 35 minutes per volume. Suitable for ages 13-21. 2007.
See also this related program, which is the non-parenting version and addresses the needs that teens who are not parents have, including avoiding pregnancy, date rape, and the responsibilities of turning 18: Life Skills for Teens