This program series includes two DVDs with 7 episodes to provide ways for elementary school children to identify, talk about, and handle their anger and problems.
These programs are created for Grades K-3 as a supplement to any guidance curriculum. Each program includes a DVD and a CD-ROM with a lesson plan for implementing the content.
Total viewing time: 24 minutes. Copyright 2010. Can purchase each program separately for $79.95, or the set of two for $149.95.
These four segments will provide ways for children to identify, talk about, and handle their anger. Viewing time: 13 minutes.
- Catch Your Anger – In this segment children learn safe and appropriate ways to handle anger. Simple strategies such as counting to 10 give them a chance to cool off.
- Just Walk Away – Children learn that recognizing their angry feelings is the first step toward handling anger. Students understand that they can be in charge when they’re able to “catch” their angry feelings and walk away from a situation that is making them feel angry inside.
- Stop and Think – “Stop and think” is a simple strategy introduced to children. Viewers learn how “stop and think” can help them control their angry feelings.
- Relax and Take a Break – Viewers are shown how walking away from a frustrating situation and relaxing can help them feel better.
- GOT A PROBLEM?
This program includes three episodes to help children find a solution to their problems. Viewing time: 11 minutes.
- Keep Your Hands to Yourself – In this episode children learn that hitting and poking do not solve problems, but can make the problems worse. Viewers see how using your words and talking about the problem can lead to a safe and happy solution.
- Ask Questions – This segment gives viewers strategies to use when they face a problem. Children will learn that making assumptions and blaming make other people angry and make problems worse. Viewers discover how asking questions can help solve a problem before it begins.
- Share Ideas – Children learn that when they encounter a problem, they can come up with ideas to solve the problem. They will also see that there may be many ideas that can solve a problem and they can try to find a solution that makes everyone happy.
Check out these related series for middle school children: Lesson Booster Middle School Programs.