By Karla Dougherty
#6975 Everything you need to know about this frequently misdiagnosed condition to love fearlessly, work confidently, and live your best life.
When the author was diagnosed with bipolar II, her world changed. Finally, after 10 years of misdiagnoses and failed treatments for anxiety and depression, she was able to step out of her “shadow life” and get relief.
Bipolar II is a form of bipolar disorder in which a person, when in a manic cycle, is crippled by constant anxiety, irritability, and highs just intense enough to be debilitating. More than 9 million Americans are estimated to have this chronic mood disorder.
The book includes:
- The difference between bipolar I, bipolar II, and anxiety.
- Getting to – and getting past – a diagnosis.
- Overcoming hypomania and depression.
- Conditions that may mimic bipolar II.
- How bipolar II affects children.
- Finding the right medications, treatments, and therapies for you.
252 pages. Softcover. 2008.