Interviewing and hiring can be a difficult task. As a manager, you are expected to make an informed decision, yet the legal environment is such that you constantly have to watch your step.
Every question you ask a candidate is fair game for a potential lawsuit. And other parts of the hiring process can be just as sticky.
This program explains proper hiring procedures that help you select the right applicants while simultaneously protecting yourself and your organization from legal liability. You’ll learn:
- How to base the interview and selection on a well-written job description.
- Questions you may – and may not – ask.
- Special issues raised by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- How to use a matrix for comparing candidates objectively.
This video explains:
- Important steps that should be taken before the face-to-face interview.
- Eight specific questions that help you get to know the applicant during the interview.
- How to focus afterwards on legitimate, non-discriminatory factors during the selection process.
Viewing time: 37 minutes.